Saturday, August 2, 2008

Hello???


I can't believe it's been so long since I posted any recipes. I guess life gets busy and for us it doesn't seem to be slowing down any time soon. Anyways, I apologize. I honestly meant to keep this up. I guess the biggest problem has been the pictures. I wanted to have a picture with each recipe and if I didn't have one, then I haven't been posting it. So I will either have to remember to take pictures or else you're gonna get recipes sans pictures. (boring!) Anyways, here's the latest recipe I've made which was a hit.


Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Bars

from My Kitchen Cafe
1 3/4 cup flour

3/4 tsp soda

1/4 tsp salt

1 cup oatmeal

3/4 cup butter

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 egg

1 tsp vanilla

12 ounces semi sweet chocolate chunks

1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 375. Whisk together dry ingredients and set aside. Beat butter, sugars, egg and vanilla till fluffy and add dry ingredients. Stir in chocolate chunks and walnuts. Press into a greased 9x13 inch pan and bake for 18-20 minutes until light golden brown.

0 comments: